In the settlement of Kato Nisi lies the Church of Panagia. It was built on the place where an older Byzantine church existed. It was renovated in 1928 and just above its entrance, there is an inscription with names dating back to 1825. In the sanctuary there are preserved stones with mortar and fragments of frescoes, probably coming from an earlier phase of the church. There is an icon of 1855, with the Assumption of Virgin Mary and outside the temple, a bronze bell of 1878 is preserved with printed representations (The Crucifixion of Christ as well as representations of Saints). There is also the small cemetery of Katonisi.
Mentis, K., 1994, S. Peloponnesus and its “smigopelaga” islands. - Il Peloponneso meridionale e le sue isole “smigopelaga”, Elafonisos: Library of Elafonisos/Bibliotheca di Elafonisos